April 8, 2011

Curriculum {Five in a Row}

I'm so excited, UPS just dropped off my curriculum for next year! We will be using Five in a Row. Pinky LOVES to read and I think this will work so well for us. I'm hoping to get my year planned out this Summer, I'm a planner what can I say.

Here is a list of the books that we can go through

The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack and Kurt Wiese
Lentil by Robert McCloskey
Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
A Pair of Red Clogs by Masako Matsuno
The Rag Coat by Lauren Mills
Who Owns the Sun? by Stacy Chbosky
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
The Glorious Flight by Alice and Martin Provensen
How to Make and Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman
Grandfather's Journey by Allen Say
Cranberry Thanksgiving by Wende and Harry Devlin
Another Celebrated Dancing Bear by Gladys Scheffrin-Falk
Papa Piccolo by Carol Talley
Very Last First Time by Jan Andrews
Clown of God by Tomie dePaola
Storm in the Night by Mary Stolz
Katy and the Big Show by Virginia Lee Burton
Night of the Moonjellies by Mark Shasha
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost {Susan Jeffers' Illustration}

I can't wait to get started! Do you have your Fall curriculum lined out? When do you plan?

3 comments:

Jemma Stemmons said...

I have a couple in mind. Hoping to make a final decision at the Homeschool Convention in a couple of weeks!

What about KONOS? Would love to hear your thoughts.

The Ruby Zebra said...

I LOVE the idea of KONOS, but it requires a lot of prep work...which is ok but with Briggs being so young it made it hard to get all that I wanted out of it. It's a great curriculum I would recommend it to anyone. It was a little over Briley's head on a lot of activities. I think when she's in 3rd grade and up I may go back to it. Depending on how much I love FIAR! Robin Meadows did it with some of her kids so she would be a great resource to contact.

laughwithusblog said...

Sounds like fun! I am not that far ahead. Great job Mom!