April 14, 2011

Tasty Thursday {Chicken Fried Rice}

One thing you all need to know about me is I LOVE to cook. It's been a love of mine since I was probably 12. I knew I was somewhat good when my Dad would let me cook our dinners and he would ask for seconds. He was the cook in our house and was good at everything {still is}. My Mom was fantastic at making Mac and Cheese, and good bowl of cereal! Nah, she's not that bad...she just specializes in a few things and there's nothing wrong with that! Love her!

So this meal is something I just kind of came up with and when my Warrior said that he loved it, well it made my day, so it's a keeper. I changed up how I usually make this meal, and it turned out great! Try it out and tell me what you think.

Ingredients
1-2 Large Chicken Breast
2 C Brown Rice {uncooked}
1 C Flour
1 C Skim Milk
1 Egg
2 C Panko Crumbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
Vegetable Oil
1 Package of Sun-Bird Fried Rice seasoning.
1 C Kikkoman Sweet and Sour sauce

Directions
Cut the chicken into cubes. Roll each cube in the Flour, Salt & Pepper mix. Shake off the excess. Dip into the Milk and Egg mix. Then roll in the Panko crumbs. Set aside chicken. In a large skillet or wok heat your vegetable oil then place the chicken pieces in the heated oil. I use tongs to do that, so I don't get splattered with the hot oil. While the chicken is cooking boil the water for the rice {use the amounts noted on the rice box}. Once the chicken is cooked remove it from the pan and the cooked rice to the pan. Toss the rice around a little bit in the oil, add more if needed, then add the seasonings packet. Stir till all is mixed then add the chicken again and toss till all is combined. Serve with the heated Sweet and Sour sauce. You can also add the normal stir fry veggies, but my Warrior doesn't do veggies :)

YUM!

0 comments: