March 31, 2011

Tasty Thursday {Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole}

This is my go to meal. I've made this meal for just about every one of my friends who've had a baby. When I had Pinky, a friend made this casserole for us and I've been hooked since then! It's so easy and oh so delicious! Not gonna lie...it's not the healthiest, but really who cares :)

AHH, I can just smell the yumminess! This particular one was for 
a friend who just adopted two sweet sisters from Kazakhstan.

Ingredients
1 lb Cooked Chicken chunked
1 pkg Egg Noodles {any size}
1 can Cream of Chicken {I use fat free}
8oz Sour Cream {I use fat free}
1 C Butter
2 C Cheddar Cheese
1-2 Sleeves of Ritz Crackers
Poppy Seeds

Boil your chicken in water till fully cooked. Also, go ahead and boil your egg noodles till tender. When the chicken is done turn the oven on to 350 degrees. In a greased 9X13 pan combine the first four ingredients and mix thoroughly. Melt the butter. Then layer the cheese, the crackers and poppy seeds. Pour the melted butter over the entire casserole. Put in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with a salad and French bread and you've got one heck of a meal!

Hope you enjoy

0 comments: